Bhatkhande Music College got the status of cultural university
- 11 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet meeting on May 10, 2022 approved the proposal to grant the status of cultural university to Bhatkhande Music College and appoint grade-I government officials to the medal winners of international standard in sports.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna informed that an ordinance was promulgated on January 6, 2022 for setting up of The Bhatkhande State Culture University by adopting the Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act, 1973.
- The Bhatkhande Music Institute Deemed University funded by the Department of Culture is currently established for teaching in various disciplines of classical music.
- In the second decision, the State Cabinet also approved the proposal to announce the 'Uttar Pradesh International Medal Winners Direct Recruitment Rules, 2022' for appointment of medal winners in international sports directly to 24 gazetted posts.
- These 24 posts belong to nine different departments like rural development, secondary education, basic education, home, panchayati raj, youth welfare, transport, forest and revenue.
- All these posts are within the purview of the Public Service Commission and the appointments will be made after the concurrence of the Commission. For this, the Department of Personnel has made necessary amendments to the 'Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (Delimitation of Functions) Regulations, 1954' Act.
- The posts where the appointments will be made include BDO, BSA, DPRO, Assistant Sports Officer, Naib Tehsildar and Deputy SP.
- Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Girish Chandra Yadav said medalists in Olympics, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, World Cup or World Championships as well as Paralympic Games will be eligible for these posts. Also, the person should be a native of Uttar Pradesh.