Beyond the Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand
- 20 Jul 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On July 19, 2022, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami released the book 'Beyond the Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand' in English on the temples of Uttarakhand by Aradhana Johri (Retd. IAS) at Mukhya Sevak Sadan, Dehradun.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, while congratulating the author of the book, Aradhana Johri, said that the book will be known as an authentic introduction to the divine temples of Uttarakhand in the country and abroad. People will get the best information from this book.
- The Chief Minister said that this book, based on the mythological temples of Devbhoomi Uttarakhand, informs about the culture and mythology of the country.
- This book will give a boost to religious tourism in Uttarakhand and people will get to know about the countless temples and folk tales associated with them.
- The author of the book, Aradhana Johri has been the DM of Nainital. During posting in Nainital, she herself went to the temples and tried to give all the information there in the book. The 300-page book has been researched for three years.