Aishwarya Pratap and Ashi Choksey Selected in Asian Games and ISSF World Championship
- 03 Jul 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
According to the information given by the Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department on July 2, 2023, two shooters from Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar and Ashi Chouksey have been selected in the Indian team for the Asian Games starting in September 2023 in China and the ISSF World Championship to be held in Baku Azerbaijan in August.
- Aishwarya Pratap Singh from Khargone district has been selected in the 10m air rifle and 50m three position men and Ashi Chowk of Bhopal has been selected in the 10m air rifle and 50m three position women's event.
- The 22-year-old young Indian shooter Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar won the Gold medal in the men's 50m rifle 3 positions event at the ISSF World Cup in Cairo in February 2023 and the Gold medal in the 50m rifle 3 positions event at the ISSF Shooting World Cup in South Korea in July 2022.
- Aishwarya had won the Yellow medal in the men's 50m rifle 3 positions event at the 2021 World Cup in Delhi. In the final match, Aishwarya defeated the then-world number-1 Istvan Penny of Hungary.
- The 21-year-old Chouksey won the gold medal in the 50m rifle 3 positions mixed event at the ISSF Shooting World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan in June 2022 along with Swapnil Kusale. Ashi had won a bronze medal at the ISSF Junior Shooting World Cup in Germany.
- Earlier, Ashi came into the limelight at the national level by winning one gold and one silver medal in the Khelo India University Games held in Bengaluru and two gold and two silver medals in the National Shooting Championship.