1. ‘Akademik Lomonosov’ the world’s only floating nuclear power unit belongs to which country?
Russia. Akademik Lomonosov, a Russian ship that has floating nuclear units, started its first journey from the Russian port of Murmansk to the arctic town of Pevek despite opposition from environmental groups.
2. Identify the country where ‘#FridayForFuture’ campaign was launched against climate change?
Sweden. #FridayForFuture is a movement that began in Sweden in August 2018 to protest against the lack of action on the climate crisis. The hashtags #FridaysForFuture and #Climatestrike became so popular that many students and adults began to protest outside of their Parliaments and local city halls all over the world.
3. Identify the country which has recently decided to relocate its capital to ‘East Kalimantan’ due to risk of submergence?
Indonesia. Recently, Indonesia's President has announced that the country's capital (currently Jakarta) will be relocated to East Kalimantan province on Borneo island.
4. Identify the country which has recently awarded Indian Prime Minister with the highest civilian award ‘ZAYED Medal’?
United Arab Emirates (UAE). The United Arab Emirates(UAE) has awarded ZAYED Medal, the highest civilian award to the Prime Minister of India for consolidating the long-standing friendship and joint strategic cooperation between the two nations.
5. Identify the countries where the Vice President of India recently visited on first-ever high-level visit from India?
5(a) Lithuania, 5(b) Latvia and 5(c) Estonia (Baltic Nations). The Vice President of India is on a trip to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia from 17th-21st August 2019, the first-ever high-level visit from India to the three Baltic countries.