1. Identify the Strait that connects Black Sea to the Sea of Azov.
Kerch Strait. The Kerch Strait is the only passage into the Sea of Azov. The strait is spanned by the recently completed Kerch Bridge, connecting Crimea to Russia.
2. Mount Sinabung has been in news recently for its volcanic eruption. Identify the country where it is located.
Indonesia. Mount Sinabung, which is 2,460 m high, is among Indonesia's most active volcanoes. It erupted recently, sending clouds of volcanic ash 7 km into the sky. Indonesia has nearly 130 active volcanoes, more than any other country. It is particularly prone to seismic activity due to its location on the “Ring of Fire,” an arc of volcanoes and fault lines encircling the Pacific Basin.
3. Identify the six free-trade agreement partners of ASEAN which form the proposed Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
3A-Australia; 3B-New Zealand; 3C-Japan; 3D-China; 3E-South Korea; 3F-India
4. Identify the country that has recently recognised forests as living entities.
El Salvador. On 5th June 2019 i.e. on the World Environment Day, the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador approved a pronouncement recognising the forests as living entities. The pronouncement states that each person must commit to caring for, preserving, and respecting forests, and to promoting concrete actions that expand forests in El Salvador. El Salvador lost about 85 % of its native forests since the 1960s, while the Earth lost about 80 % of its native forests. El Salvador is the smallest and most densely populated of the seven Central American countries. Its capital is San Salvador.
5. Locate the country where 16th Asia Media Summit 2019 was held recently?
Cambodia. The 16th Asia Media Summit 2019 was organized in Siem Reap province, Cambodia to deliberate on issues pertaining to media & broadcasting industry. The theme of the Summit was “Media Digitalization Focusing on Developing Markets”. It was organized by the Cambodian Ministry of Information in collaboration with the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD). The summit addressed concerns caused by digital media, which requires relevant authorities to make regulations to anti-cybercrimes, fake news, and training people to raise awareness and enhance the media profession.