1. Recently seen in the news, this Valley continues to be a site of struggle and frequent violent outbursts between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
Ferghana Valley. Currently, Ferghana Valley continues to be a site of struggle and frequent violent outbursts, with the location consisting primarily of Tajiks, Kyrgyz, and Uzbeks, who have historically shared common sociological specificities, economic activities, and religious practices.
2. Locate the Country where Ebola Virus was detected for the first time.
Democratic Republic of Congo. Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission. Ebola virus was first discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo.
3. Locate the city where the permanent Secretariat of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is situated.
Beijing. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation was created in 2001. It’s a Eurasian political, economic and military organisation aiming to maintain peace, security and stability in the region. The SCO Secretariat is located in Beijing.
4. Where is the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power plant located?
Ukraine. Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power plant is located on the banks of the Dnieper River, just 200 kilometers from the conflicted Donbas region where Russian-backed separatists and Ukrainian forces have been fighting. Zaporizhzhya is one of the four operating NPPs in the country and has been operating since 1984.
5. Locate the country of Africa which has not signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
South Sudan. There are four countries along with India that are not part of the Non-Proliferation Treaty that includes Pakistan, Israel, North Korea, and South Sudan.