1. Find the location of Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydro Electric Project, which was recently seen in the news.
Chamoli, Uttarakhand. Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydro Electric Project (VPHEP) is located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand State. The project will build a 65-meter diversion dam near Helang village in Chamoli district to create a small reservoir in the Alaknanda River. The 444-MW VPHEP is being built by the Tehri Hydropower Development Corporation, a partially Centre-owned enterprise. The World Bank has agreed to look into environmental damage from this under-construction dam.
2. Find the location of India’s first Geothermal Energy Project to generate electricity.
Puga Valley, Ladakh. India’s first Geothermal Energy Project is located in Puga Valley in Ladakh. Puga Valley is situated in the Changthang Valley in the south-eastern part of Ladakh, about 22 km away from the Salt Lake Valley. ONGC has started drilling its first well for the project and encountered high-pressure steam at 100 degrees Celsius with a discharge rate of 100 tonne geothermal energy per hour, considered as a good sign for the project.
3. Recently, it has been reported that a National Park of India, which has India’s second largest mangrove forest and is also a Ramsar Site, is under severe threat due to planned diversion of freshwater from the Brahmani river basin. Locate the National Park.
Bhitarkanika National Park, Kendrapara, Odisha. Bhitarkanika National Park has the second-largest mangrove forest in India and is a Ramsar site. It was declared as a Bhitarkanika National Park in the year of 1988. It is located in the estuary of Brahmani, Baitarani, Dhamra, and Mahanadi river systems. It is located in Kendrapara district of Odisha. It is one of Odisha’s finest biodiversity hotspots and is famous for its mangroves, migratory birds, turtles, estuarine crocodiles, and countless creeks.
4. Where will India’s First Commercial Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Observatory be located?
Garhwal, Uttarakhand. India's first commercial Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Observatory will be set up in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. The observatory will be set up by Digantara, a Bengaluru-based space sector start-up. It will be strategically positioned to serve global space traffic management operations. It will assist in tracking any activity in space including that of space debris and military satellites hovering over the region.
5. Locate the state with largest wind energy production in India?
Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu is the largest producer of wind energy producing 9,075MW in 2019. It is found by the National Institute for Wind Energy (based in Chennai) that western states have larger potential in terms of a stable, steady and a speedy windflow starting from Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka to Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.