1. Find the location of the recently erupted active volcano Sakurajima.
Sakurajima Volcano, Japan. Sakurajima is one of Japan’s most active volcanoes and eruptions of varying levels take place on a regular basis. It is an active stratovolcano. A volcano is an opening on the surface of a planet that allows material warmer than its surroundings to escape from its interior.
2. Locate the position of the port which has been built by the Chinese investment in the nation which is connected with India through Palk Strait Bay.
Hambantota Port, Sri Lanka. The Hambantota Port is a deep-water port in Hambantota, Sri Lanka. This port was constructed with the help of Chinese investment. Construction of the port commenced in January 2008. The port is expected to become part of the
3. Identify the location of the country where India built the Ayni airport to improve its connectivity with central Asia.
Tajikistan. Tajikistan is the nation where India has developed Ayni airport to boost the international ties. India’s Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences held a bilateral meeting with the Minister for Energy and Water resources of Republic of Tajikistan.
4. Find the location where the Mekong-Lancang Cooperation group recently met and which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bagan, Myanmar. Bagan is an ancient city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Mandalay Region of Myanmar. China’s Foreign Minister and counterparts from Mekong Delta nations (Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam) attended this meeting.
5. Where is the Large Hadron Collider, the world's most powerful particle accelerator, located? It recently received a third ignition.
European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), Geneva, Switzerland. The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) has reignited the Large Hadron Collider for the third time in July 2022, 10 years after it enabled scientists to find the ‘God particle’ or Higgs Boson. It is located in Geneva, Switzerland.