1. Which Country’s passport is ranked as the most powerful in the ‘Henley Passport Index 2021’?
Japan. The Henley Passport Index is the original ranking of all the world’s passports according to the number of destinations their holders can access without a prior visa. Japan continues to hold the number one position on the index, with passport holders able to access 191 destinations around the world visa-free. Singapore is in second place (with a score of 190) and South Korea ties with Germany in third place (with a score of 189). India has been ranked 85th in the most powerful passport index.
2. Identify the place where the world’s oldest known cave art is recently discovered by archaeologists?
Island of Sulawesi, Indonesia. Recently, archaeologists have discovered the world’s oldest known cave art which is a life-sized picture of a wild pig that was painted at least 45,500 years ago in Indonesia. The picture was found in the Leang Tedongnge cave in a remote valley on the island of Sulawesi, Indonesia.
3. Identify the country where the Grand Renaissance Dam is located?
Ethiopia. Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt have recently agreed to resume negotiations to resolve their decade-long complex dispute over the Grand Renaissance Dam hydropower project in the Horn of Africa. The Grand Renaissance Dam is being constructed by Ethiopia on the river Nile.
4. Identify the place where the Semeru volcano erupted recently?
East Java province, Indonesia. Recently, Semeru volcano erupted in Indonesia’s East Java province. Semeru - also known as
5. Identify the country in South America which is landlocked and India has recently decided to establish its diplomatic mission?
Paraguay. The Union Cabinet has approved the opening of 3 Indian Missions in Estonia, Paraguay and Dominican Republic in 2021. Paraguay is a landlocked country in south-central South America. Rivers provide access to the Atlantic Ocean and serve as sites for the hydroelectric power plants that have made Paraguay one of the world’s largest exporters of hydropower. Paraguay is a member of MERCOSUR.