Uttarakhand Switch to Hindi
Tableau of Uttarakhand Got First Place in Republic Day Parade
Why In News?
On January 30, 2023, the Central Government announced the award of the tableaux of the states involved in the Republic Day Parade 2023, in which Uttarakhand's tableau Manaskhand got first place in the country.
- Uttarakhand's tableau won the first prize in all the tableaux displayed on the path of duty in the Republic Day parade. Uttarakhand had displayed tableaus on the theme of wildlife and religious places of the state.
- In the tableau of Uttarakhand, the famous Corbett National Park of Uttarakhand, Narasingha, the state animal of Uttarakhand, musk deer, Goral, the national bird of the country, Peacock, the famous birds of Uttarakhand, Ghughuti, Pheasant, Chakor, Monal, as well as the famous Aipan art of Uttarakhand were displayed. went.
- The famous legendary Jageshwar Dham temple was shown in The Tableau. A scene of dense pine trees was prepared in front and behind the temple. The name of Uttarakhand was also written in front and behind the tableau.
- Like the Chardham Yatra of Garhwal, the government is trying to increase tourism in Kumaon under the Mandir Mala Mission. In view of this, the famous mythological Jageshwar Dham was shown.
- Team Leader and Joint Director Information K.S. Under the leadership of Chauhan, 16 artists of Bhim Ram's team of Pithoragarh had an excellent performance in performing Choliya dance to display the art and culture of Uttarakhand in Jhanki. Along with this, Baru Singh and Anil Singh played an important role while doing yoga on the tableau.
- 23 tableaux were displayed in the Republic Day parade. Of these, 17 tableaux were from States and Union Territories and 6 from Ministries and Departments.
- It is known that in the month of September, proposals are sought from all states, union territories and ministries by the Government of India. By October, the state governments select the subject and send the proposal to the Government of India. After that, the Government of India invites for a presentation.
- In the first meeting, a design must be prepared and presented based on the subject in a chart paper. Three meetings take place in terms of design formulation making necessary amendments. The states whose designs are not found suitable by the committee are shortlisted. After that the model of the tableau is made. The theme song is of 50 seconds, which reflects the culture of that state, when the expert committee of the Government of India is satisfied at all levels, then the final selection of the tableau is done.
Uttarakhand Switch to Hindi
Uniform Academic Calendar will be Implemented in State Universities
Why In News?
On January 30, 2023, Uttarakhand's Education Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said in a review meeting of the department held at the Secretariat that for better educational environment in the state, uniform academic calendar will be implemented in all state universities.
- Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that uniformity will be brought by working on the theme of one admission, one exam, one result, one election and one convocation for students in universities and colleges under the common academic calendar.
- In the review meeting, it was unanimously decided that for timely and quality educational environment in the state, uniform academic calendar will be implemented for admission date, examination and examination results, student union elections and convocation ceremony in all universities.
- For this, vice-chancellors of all universities will sit together and prepare a draft of the academic calendar in two weeks, which will be finalized in the next meeting and sent to the government for approval.
- From the process of admission to universities to the conduct of examinations, the work of conducting examinations has been going on for months, due to which the examinations are not held on time. This also leads to delay in declaring the results. The education minister said that all universities will have to conduct classes compulsorily for 180 days in their affiliated colleges. Also, students must be motivated to study in libraries.
- The education minister said that 75 percent attendance of students will be compulsorily implemented to appear in the examination. In order to make higher education quality and employable, it is necessary for universities and all colleges to conduct NAAC assessment.
- In all universities, uniform costumes and initiation oath of convocation will be uniform. Vice-Chancellor of Sanskrit University Prof. A committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of Devendra Shastri, which will decide the draft of the initiation oath and make it available to the government.
- In the meeting, Secretary Higher Education Shailesh Bagoli said that from the new academic session, admission of students in all universities and colleges will be done compulsorily through the Samarth portal. Along with academic activities, preference will be given to research work and skill development courses.
Switch to Hindi