Why In News?
According to information received from the media on November 29, 2023, the Transport Department of Bihar has issued a notification of Chief Minister Block Transport Scheme'. The scheme will be operational till 2025-26.
- Under the scheme, seven beneficiaries per block will be given a grant of Rs 5 lakh for the purchase of buses except the blocks of the district headquarters.
- According to the departmental information, block-wise and category-wise preference lists will be made for the selection of beneficiaries under the scheme. In this, the basis of preference after caste will be the educational qualification of matriculation. Preference will be given to those with maximum marks.
- If the marks are the same, the older one will get preference. Applications will be received online to get the benefit of the scheme, the link of which will be available on the website of the Transport Department.
- Along with the application, a copy of caste certificate, residential certificate, matriculation qualification certificate, Aadhaar card and driving license will also have to be given. After this, a unique number will be given to the applicant. The purchased vehicle cannot be sold for five years without the written approval of the sub-divisional officer.
- According to the department, a three-member selection committee will be formed to select the beneficiaries on the basis of the priority list prepared. It will be headed by the district officer, while the deputy development commissioner and district transport officer will be the member secretary.
- After the purchase of the bus, the documents related to it will have to be submitted to the DTO office. After the necessary checking, the amount will be sent online to the beneficiary's account by the DTO.
Switch to Hindi