Bihar Switch to Hindi
Planning Area Authority Formed for the Development of 10 Cities of Bihar
Why in News?
According to information received from the media on March 28, 2023, the Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar has notified the Planning Area Authority (Planning Area Authority) of ten new expanded cities, including Nawada, Madhepura, Bhagalpur, Jehanabad, Gopalganj, Banka, Sonpur, Sheikhpura, Supaul and Arwal.
- In each planning area authority of the newly expanded cities, the DM president of the concerned district, while the chief executive officer of the concerned planning area authority has been made member secretary.
- Apart from these, Deputy Development Commissioner of the concerned district, Additional Collector (Revenue), Executive Engineer related to Road Construction, PHED and Rural Works Department, Executive Engineer of the municipal body coming under the concerned area, The main city investors and regional investment organizations or their representatives and persons with special knowledge or practical experience of city investment have been made ex-officio members of the Authority.
- The Planning Area Authority will be responsible for preparing, implementing and taking other regulatory action along with the master plan for the extended area. The authority will also pass the map for any kind of construction in the area related to this.
- It is known that the department had notified these 10 plan areas about two months ago by connecting the surrounding rural areas including the concerned body. Now with the formation of the authority, the development of these areas will accelerate.
- It is noteworthy that 33 Planning Area Authorities are already notified in the state. The total number of 10 new planning areas has increased to 43 after the authority was notified.
- According to officials, with the functional planning area authority, the urbanization of the concerned area will be accelerated, and commercial and residential activities will increase in them.
- This committee formed under the chairmanship of DM will first conduct a survey and prepare the master plan of the area. Then it will promote the elements of urbanization according to the characteristics of the area. Under this, the selected big schemes will be recommended to the state government so that the necessary amount can be arranged for it.
- these 43 new cities of the state Planning authorities have been set up in, under which Ara, Araria, Aurangabad, Bagha, Begusarai, Bettiah, Bhabhua, Biharsharif, Bodh Gaya, Buxar, Chhapra, Darbhanga, Dehri Forbesganj, Gaya, Hajipur, Jamui, Katihar, Khagaria, Kishanganj, Lakhisarai, Madhubani, Motihari, Munger, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Rajgir, Saharsa, Sasaram, Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Siwan, Nawada, Madhepura, Bhagalpur, Jehanabad, Gopalganj, Banka, Sonepur, Sheikhpura, Supaul and Arwal districts.
Switch to Hindi