Why in News?
According to the information given by the Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department on May 25, 2023, the Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company has announced a reward scheme for the prevention of electricity theft. There is a provision to give reward under prescribed conditions for giving information about illegal use.
- If the amount is recovered on the basis of information, 10 percent of the amount will be paid to the successful informer. There is no maximum limit on this amount.
- Regarding illegal use/theft of electricity, apart from the Central Region Power Distribution Company Headquarters and Regional Headquarters, Regional General Managers can also be informed in writing or on telephone.
- It will be the responsibility of the concerned officer to keep the informant's information confidential. The officer-employee of the company will not be considered as an informant.
- The incentive amount will be paid to the informer from the company headquarters. The incentive amount will be deposited directly into the bank account of the informant.
- Two and a half percent amount will also be given as incentive to the departmental officers and employees who prepare the case and recover the amount.
- A vigilance cell has been constituted at the company headquarters for the implementation of this scheme. Information can also be sent to this vigilance cell.
Switch to Hindi