Why In News?
On November 22, 2022, with a resolve to make Uttar Pradesh a growth engine of the country at Sushma Swaraj Pravasi Bharatiya Bhawan in New Delhi, the state's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath formally announced the organization of 'Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit-2023'.
- The Chief Minister also unveiled the logo of "Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit-2023" and informed that under the guidance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Uttar Pradesh is today on the cusp of a progressive transformative journey.
- The vision of 'Atmanirbhar Bharat' set by the Prime Minister is the main pillar of this rejuvenation. Following the Prime Minister's vision of making India a +5 trillion dollar economy, Uttar Pradesh has set a target of +1 trillion for itself. In this sequence, the Uttar Pradesh government is organizing a Global Investors Summit in Lucknow from February 10 to 12, 2023, so that the country and the world can benefit from the limitless business opportunities available in the state.
- The Chief Minister said that this Investors Summit will prove to be useful in providing an integrated platform to the global industrial world to cooperate in economic development. The three-day global conference will be attended by world-class policy makers, top corporate leaders, business delegations, academia, think tanks and intellectuals and collectively brainstorm business prospects and partnership opportunities.
- He said that so far about 21 countries have expressed enthusiasm to participate in the grand event of the summit. The Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Mauritius will participate as partner countries at the Global Investors Summit. Apart from this, the state government is also organizing road-shows in 18 countries and 7 major cities of India to invite industrial investors from all over the world to the summit.
- In the program, he informed that Uttar Pradesh has improved its business environment in a big way in the last few years by providing competent policy support and world-class infrastructure. A new online system called 'Nivesh Sarathi' has been developed to monitor the signing and implementation of Memorandums of Understanding (MoU's) for proactive investor connect and handholding. Apart from this, an online incentive management system has also been developed.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also released a booklet based on various sectoral policies of the state and investment prospects in the state.
Switch to Hindi