Why in News
- Recently, the Garhwali short film 'Sunpat', depicting Uttarakhand's especially mountain culture, problems, migration, food, has been selected for the International Film Festival of India to be held in Goa.
- The film was shot last year in the Birkhal area of Pauri Garhwal.
- It is noteworthy that the International Film Festival of India will be organized in Goa from November 20 to 28. For this, the Press Information Bureau (PIB) has selected 44 feature and non feature films to be screened at the film festival, including the Garhwali short film Sunpat from Uttarakhand.
- Originally from Dang village Birkhal and currently resident of Jawahar Colony Faridabad, Rahul Rawat has written the story of the film with direction.
- Director Rahul said that the Garhwali word Sunpat means 'silence'. Sunpat is the story of a society based in the villages of Uttarakhand, whose past is lost and the future looks hazy.
- The film's main characters Anuj and Bharatu are school friends. The film gives a glimpse of the rural setting of Uttarakhand, the struggle of life in the mountains and its uncertainties.
Switch to Hindi