Why in News
- On January 18, 2022, in the meeting of the Council of Ministers chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, approval was given to the assistance scheme for girls and women suffering from domestic violence.
- In this scheme, a provision has been made to provide assistance of Rs 2 lakh to the victim of domestic violence with less than 40 percent disability in any part of the body and Rs 4 lakh for disability caused by more than 40 percent injury. Along with this, there is also a provision for the provision of the actual cost of transportation for the movement of the court etc. to the destination (including the period of the case pending in the court).
- The cabinet decided to make arrangements for the treatment of gas victims and their children, up to Rs 5 lakh per family per family per year by making Ayushman card under the Ayushman 'Niramayam' Madhya Pradesh scheme, according to the rates of package amount in the hospitals identified in the NHPS scheme.
- The Government of India will also be taken to consider them eligible as above. Until the approval is received from the Government of India, 100 percent reimbursement of the expenditure on these beneficiaries under the Ayushman 'Niramayam' Madhya Pradesh scheme will be done by the Public Health and Family Welfare Department of the state government.
- Expenditure outside the limits of Ayushman 'Niramayam' Madhya Pradesh scheme will be reimbursed by the Bhopal Gas Tragedy Relief and Rehabilitation Department. For this, the Director, Bhopal Gas Relief and Rehabilitation, Bhopal has been authorized.
Why in News
- In the meeting of the Council of Ministers held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on January 18, 2022, many important decisions were taken including amending the lien rights of the holders in the government land of urban areas.
- The cabinet decided to amend the circular issued on September 24, 2020, regarding the lien of holders in government land in urban areas. According to the amendment, if there is a mixed use (residential and commercial/commercial) of the same plot, then for such a plot the premium and annual land rent for the part of the residential use will be calculated according to the residential purpose.
- On the same plot, for commercial/commercial share, 120 percent premium of the rate fixed for residential purpose and annual land rent will be determined according to residential purpose. Also, where two separate plots are to be used by a family, one for residential and the other for commercial purpose, two separate leases shall be granted in such cases. In such cases, the family will be deemed to have been given one time benefit under the circular.
- The cabinet made other provisions for the consideration of the Madhya Pradesh State General Welfare Commission. In this, the commission will identify the beneficiaries for the welfare of the general category people, consider the points related to the overall welfare of the general category, make new action plans for the state government in the direction of the welfare of the general category people in the state, in the old programs. Making necessary changes and making suggestions on incidental matters.
- It was decided by the cabinet to give additional 5 percent marks to the candidates of different categories in the examinations obtained by the Professional Examination Board and to fix the maximum age limit of 55 years in view of the service rendered by the candidates of these categories. The different categories of candidates include Ex-Servicemen, Surplus Employees, Disabled and Dead Soldiers in Indo-Pak conflict etc.
- In view of the need of Jumbo Oxygen Cylinder in the possible third wave of COVID-19 pandemic, the Council of Ministers to M/s Shaba Cylinder Pvt Ltd, Ujjain to manufacture 07 cubic meter D type gas cylinders in the industrial area with a view to develop the manufacturing capacity of the product at the local level. Decision was taken to allot 50 thousand square feet of land located at Maksi Road, Ujjain directly.
- The cabinet approved the decision of formation of SPV MP State Assets Management Company (MPSAMC) in Madhya Pradesh Public Asset Management Department.
- The cabinet decided to change the name of 'Vimukt, Nomadic and Semi-nomadic Tribal Welfare Department' to 'Nomadic and Ardh Nomadic Tribes Department'.
State Council of Ministers approved the Composite Excise Policy 2022-23 and Heritage Liquor Policy 2022
Why in News
- On January 18, 2022, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the State Council of Ministers approved the Composite Excise Policy 2022-23 and Heritage Liquor Policy 2022. With this, there will be effective control on the manufacture, transportation, storage and sale of illegal and non-standard liquor.
- The following provisions have been made under the new excise system-
- By bringing down the retail sale rates of liquor by about 20 percent, it can be brought to a practical level.
- Country/foreign liquor shops of all the districts can be executed on the lines of small individual groups.
- All liquor shops will be composite shops, so that conditions for selling illegal liquor will not be created.
- The high level district committee of the collector and the legislators of the districts will have the right to change the location geographically according to the local requirements of their district according to the liquor shops.
- There will be no duty on wine made in the state using grapes produced by the farmers of the state.
- In the country liquor supply system, district wise tenders can be called among the servants of the state. This year the rate of tetra packing can also be called.
- An E-excise system will be implemented to prevent loss of revenue. In this, track and trace of liquor, scanning of QR codes, and testing of validity will be easy.
- The following provisions have been made under the Heritage Liquor Policy-
- Permission has been given for a pilot project of liquor made from Mahua flower. After that it will be presented before the sub-committee of the cabinet.
- In the year 2022-23, the approval of the new bar license will be done from the collector level as per the parameters set by the government.
- Bar licenses can be given at concessional rates, on the basis of simple procedures/parameters, to the units operated by Eco-Tourism Board, temporary nature of Tourism Development Corporation at important places from the point of view of tourism.
- Foreign liquor sales counters can be opened at all airports.
- Licenses can be issued to operate wine counters on fixed license fees in selected super markets in Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Gwalior.
- Permission will be given to open micro beverages in Indore and Bhopal, but no objection certificate from Environment, Electricity Departments and Municipal Corporation will be required.
- The process of importing liquor will be simplified.
- Home bar license can be given, for which an annual license fee of Rs 50,000 will be charged. It will be eligible for those whose gross personal income is minimum one crore rupees.
Switch to Hindi