Why In News?
On February 8, 2023, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released Govind Patel's book 'Tirohit Titurghat' at his residence office.
- The book has been edited by Govind Patel and the role has been written by archaeologist Prabhat Singh. The book is based on archaeological evidence and their characteristics of more than two dozen Sati pillars at Titurghat in Dhamdha.
- Dharmadham Gauravgatha Samiti rediscovered the Tirohit (forgotten) pond of Titurghat and excavated it again with the help of shramdaan and public cooperation. This book has been published to show the antiquity and historicity of this place as well as the importance of the pond.
- The historical background of the 500-year-old Chaturbhuji Titurghat village situated on the banks of Shivnath river is given in this book. This village is now desolated from there, but more than a hundred boulders, architectural blocks showing the historical and archaeological importance of the village are scattered there, in which three inscriptions and two dozen sati pillars have been found. There was also a temple and a pond here. Dharmadham Gauravgatha Samiti got this extinct pond reconstructed.
- It is worth mentioning that Govind Patel has earlier published a booklet titled 'Bumper yield of tomato, golden grains can change one's fate, vegetables can make Chhattisgarh healthy' and 'Chha Kori Chha Aagar', 'Taria Au Budhwa Narva'.
Why In News?
On February 8, 2023, Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh has been ranked fourth among the top five districts in the 'Champion of Change Delta Ranking' report of aspirational districts for December 2022 released by NITI Aayog.
- Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh ranks fourth among the top five districts in the overall performance category out of 112 aspirational districts declared in the country in this report. On the other hand, Narayanpur district ranks third in the health and nutrition category.
- Narayanpur district scores 72.5 in health and nutrition and 57.5 in education. And the overall score of all the areas is 53.
- It is noteworthy that Chhattisgarh government has done remarkable work in various fields including health and nutrition within the last four years. The Government of India has also appreciated these efforts made in Chhattisgarh many times.
- The state government has launched Mukhyamantri Suposhan Abhiyan to remove malnutrition among children and to free adolescent girls and women from anemia.
- The efforts of Chhattisgarh government have also yielded positive results in the field of nutrition.
- While doing remarkable work in the field of health, apart from running Chief Minister Haat Bazar Clinic, Dai-Didi Clinic, Chief Minister Slum Health Scheme, Humar Lab, Malaria Free Bastar and Malaria Free Chhattisgarh Scheme, Dr. Khubchand Baghel Health Scheme to the people in Chhattisgarh. Health related benefits are being provided under the Chief Minister's Special Health Scheme.
Switch to Hindi