Why In News?
- On December 4, 2022, the State's Revenue and Disaster Management Minister Jaisingh Agarwal released the Revenue Book Circular Book written by senior advocate Vijay Kumar Dubey at his Korba residence.
- In this book of about 1100 pages, after the formation of the state of Chhattisgarh, amendments have been made in the Land Revenue Code in the public interest and the guidelines issued by the state government through official circulars for the enforcement of these amendments. All have been included.
- On the occasion of the launch of the Revenue Book Circular Book, Revenue Minister Jaisingh Agarwal said that due to the inclusion of all references related to revenue in this book, this book will prove to be very useful while playing the role of a guide in relation to revenue matters. This book will be of great help to the revenue courts and advocates.
- Vijay Kumar Dubey, the author of the book Revenue Book Circular, said that in the context of revenue related matters, even the latest circulars issued by the Chhattisgarh government have been included in the book. He said that this book would prove to be very useful for all concerned as a reference book in dealing with revenue related matters.
- Vijay Kumar Dubey told that this is the fourth book out of many written by him, which has been released by the Revenue Minister. Prior to this, three other books have been released by the Revenue Minister in the past years.
Why In News?
- Women and Child Development Minister Anila Bhendiya and Urban Administration Minister Dr. Shivkumar Dahria, in a program organized on the occasion of International Day of Disabled on December 3, 2022, started to provide necessary facilities to the elderly, differently-abled and people of the third gender community in case of emergency. The new helpline facility done was duly launched.
- Through this facility, along with medical aid, pension, problems being faced in various schemes will be resolved quickly. This new helpline facility is being operated by the Social Welfare Department.
- It is worth mentioning that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had announced to start the facility of helpline number 155326 and toll free number- 1800-233-8989 for the elderly, disabled and third gender community from the State Foundation Day. This facility was being operated on an experimental basis by the Social Welfare Department. It has been duly launched on the occasion of International Day of Disabled.
- Mahtari Express-102, Medical Helpline 104 and number 112 issued for emergency services have also been linked with this new facility. This will provide better facilities to the elderly, differently-abled and people belonging to the third gender community.
- It is worth mentioning that there was no effective arrangement in the state for helping such elderly people who are alone at home and whose children are working outside the state. In view of this, on October 1, on the occasion of International Old Age Day, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had announced to start Cyan helpline for the elderly in Chhattisgarh from November 1 (State Formation Day).
- Several schemes and programs are being run by the Social Welfare Department for the welfare and rehabilitation of senior citizens, Divyangjan and transgender persons. Through helpline and toll free number, along with information about departmental schemes, help can be taken for many tasks related to emergency services, counseling, complaints, redressal of pension payments.
- On this occasion, Women Child Development and Social Welfare Minister Anila Bhendiya said that on the approval of the Chief Minister, rehabilitation equipment including motorized tricycles will be distributed to about 10,000 Divyangjan’s every year. Similarly, skill upgradation training will be given to 15,000 Divyangjan’s to connect them with employment according to their interest. In this, an action plan has been chalked out to provide skill-upgrading training to 5,000 bone-challenged, visually-challenged and deaf-mute disabled people.
Switch to Hindi