Why in News?
On February 3, 2023, Additional Chief Secretary of Chhattisgarh Renu Pillai informed that 16 child scientists of the state presented their research work in the National Children's Science Congress held in Ahmedabad and 2 child scientists presented their research work in the Indian Science Congress, which was highly appreciated by the experts.
- The National Children's Science Congress was organized from January 27 to 31 by the Gujarat Council of Science and Technology and the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Apart from Chhattisgarh, about 1200 child scientists from other states of India participated in it.
- Additional Chief Secretary Renu Pillai said that out of 16 child scientists, 12 girls have been selected. The selection of girls shows that girls are also actively participating in science and research. This will also send a meaningful message to the society.
- The National Children's Science Congress 2022 presented research work on ecosystem, health and wellness and five sub-themes - Know Your Ecosystem, Promote Health, Nutrition and Wellness, Social and Cultural Practices for Ecosystem and Health, Ecosystem Based Approach to Self-Reliance, Technological Innovation for Ecosystem and Health.
- Priyansh Bhaduri, Nandita Kewat, Rupshikha Sahu, Disha Sahu, Priyanshu Patel, Radhika Kanwar, Bhumika Joshi, Karam Samuel, Maheshwar Sahu, Jahnavi Thakur, Kiran Kanwar, Khushi Jha, Manohar Baghel, Prarthana Kewat, Anvika Gupta and Ananya Singh from Chhattisgarh participated in the National Children's Science Congress.
- Apart from this, child scientists and teachers participated in Teachers Workshop, Meet of Scientist Sessions, Popular Science Debates, Exhibitions, Activity camps, Poster presentations and Cultural programs.
- Scientist Dr. J.K. Rai and four teachers Anil Tiwari, Jagdishwar Rao, Meena Johnson and Seema Chaturvedi participated in the National Children's Science Congress and guided the child scientists.
- Apart from this, two child scientists Anmol Malviya and Kumari Harshita Rathia selected from the state-level Children's Science Congress presented their research project at the 108th Indian Science Congress held from January 3 to 7 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Along with this, scientists of Chhattisgarh Science and Technology Council Dr. J.K. Rai and Dr. Bina Sharma and two project staff presented various activities of Chhattisgarh Science and Technology Council through demonstration at The Pride of India-Mega Science Expo at Indian Science Congress.
Why in News?
On February 3, 2023, Chhattisgarh Assembly Speaker Dr. Charan Das Mahant launched the RIPA scheme at Pendri Gauthan under Janjgir-Champa district.
- The Speaker inaugurated the Puja Material Unit, Kosa Unit, Mushroom Unit in Gauthan under the RIPA scheme and discussed with the concerned beneficiaries about the work being done by them.
- In Janjgir-Champa district, shedded livelihood activities have been started to connect villagers with employment under RIPA. This will provide self-employment to the women and youth around, including village pendri, and strengthen their economic condition.
- It is noteworthy that chief minister Bhupesh Baghel had launched the state-level Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Park Scheme (RIPA) in all the districts on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Switch to Hindi