Why In News
On November 29, 2023, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has given administrative approval for the establishment of 2 new police stations at village Barota and Farmana in Sonipat district.
- The Home Department has decided to set up the police station considering the geographical and demographic factors including total area and population, with an aim to enhance security for the residents of the area.
- Mahipur, Farmana, Nizampura Majra, Maujamnagar, Ridhau, Gorad, Bidhlana, Silana villages falling under Kharkhoda police station have been included in the new proposed Farmana police station.
- Similarly, villages Mandora, Mandauri, Halalpur, Turkpur, Jhinjhauli falling under Kharkhoda police station have been included in Barota police station.
- The new police station to be established in Barota will provide service to about 58,100 people, while the Farmana police station will be responsible for the security of about 77,951 people.
Why In News
On November 29, 2023, it has been decided to set up 6 new fast track courts in various courts of the state to hear pending cases related to crimes against women, such as rape, molestation and mental harassment.
- It has been decided to set up fast track courts in every district where more than 50 cases of the above mentioned categories are pending in the court.
- Two fast track courts will be established in Faridabad and one each in Gurugram, Panipat, Sonipat and Nuh districts of the state.
- Regular training programs and refresher courses are being conducted for women investigating officers in the Haryana Police Academy so that they not only remain updated about the new amendments in the legal provisions but also can investigate the cases in an effective and timely manner.
- The Scene of Crime team has provided investigation kits to the investigating officers in all the districts to collect necessary evidence from the crime scene in a scientific manner. This investigation kit is scientifically advanced, making the investigation process more fair.
- Women's Safety DIG Nazneen Bhasin said that DSP level officers have been appointed as nodal officers in every district of the state for monitoring crimes against women. More than 2 lakh CCTV cameras have been installed in the state for women's safety.
- According to the Criminal Law Amendment-2018, a provision has been made to complete the investigation of the case of rape of a girl below 12 years of age within a time period of 2 months. If found guilty in this case, there is a provision for maximum death penalty.
Switch to Hindi