Why In News?
- On February 28, 2023, the state's Finance Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary presented a budget of Rs 2.61 lakh 885.4 crore for the financial year 2023-24 in the Bihar Legislative Assembly, in which benefits range from youth, women to job professionals and the last person of the people of the state. There has been talk of reaching.
- Presenting the budget, Finance Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary claimed that Bihar's economy has almost tripled in the last 10 years. The state's gross domestic product was Rs 2.47 lakh crore in 2011-12, which has increased to Rs 6.75 lakh crore in 2022-23.
- Important points of Bihar Budget 2023:
- Bihar government will provide employment to 10 lakh youth. Apart from giving government jobs to the youth, employment will be created by instilling self-reliance and self-confidence in them.
- Sports University is being established in Rajgir to promote sports.
- 50 crores will be given for cycle scheme, 100 crores for girl child promotion scheme and 100 crores for dress.
- An arrangement of Rs 60 crore has been made for women empowerment scheme. Apart from this, a provision of Rs 94 crore has been made for the scholarship of 10th pass girl students. On the other hand, an amount of 5540 crore has been earmarked for Patna Medical College.
- A provision of Rs 94.5 crore has been made for those who passed in the first division in the matriculation examination of the Bihar School Examination Board.
- In the Bihar Budget 2023, a provision of Rs 3323 crore has been made for the construction of bypasses in urban areas and in the energy sector.
- There is a plan to promote solar energy in the budget. Provision has been made for 5% exemption in holding tax for those installing water harvesting systems.
- The Bihar government will come up with a new start-up policy to promote innovation. Arrangements have been made in the budget for the construction of many girls' colleges.
- Similarly, structural reforms will be carried out in police stations. A provision of Rs 155 crore has been made for this.
Switch to Hindi