'Guruvarta Sangam' program of Atal Residential Schools
- 04 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On September 1, 2023, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the introduction of Atal Residential School and launched the website at the 'Guruvarta Sangam' program of Atal Residential Schools held at Lok Bhawan Auditorium.
- In the program, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the state government has decided to start Atal Residential School. In the first phase, 18 Atal Residential Schools are being inaugurated this session. In the next phase, the Basic Education Council will set up one school on the same lines in the remaining 57 districts.
- Atal Residential Schools will operate on the pattern of CBSE Board. These will have all the arrangements including lodging, fooding.
- The responsibility of complete education from class- 6 to 12 will be borne by the state government and the Uttar Pradesh Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- These institutions will not only provide education to underprivileged children but will also promote Indian values and Gurukul traditions, thereby creating a generation of youth who will carry forward India's cultural heritage across the world.
- These schools will not only be centres of skill development of students but will also pave the way for integrated development for the children of workers and underprivileged who contribute to the progress of the state.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath distributed school kits to selected students for Atal Residential Schools and launched Bal Seva Yojana (Child Welfare Scheme) for children who lost their parents during the COVID-19 period.