Uttarakhand's First Aerocity to be Built Near Jolly Grant Airport
- 14 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On November 13, 2022, Uttarakhand Additional Chief Secretary Anand Bardhan informed that on the lines of Delhi, the proposal of Aerocity near Jolly Grant Airport is under consideration. With the availability of land, this project will be visible on the ground.
- Land is being searched for this project near Jolly Grant Airport. All state-of-the-art facilities ranging from five star hotels, malls, cafes, restaurants will be provided in Aerocity. It will also have accommodation for thousands of people.
- With the implementation of this project, it will be the first world-class state-of-the-art city in the state.
- Jolly Grant Airport is also being expanded. After this the airport will have international connectivity. In such a situation, Aerocity can also emerge as a big business hub of the future. It can also prove effective in taking the local products of Uttarakhand to the international market.
- The park will be set up here on the lines of foreign countries. The park will have jogging, cycling tracks and huts for meditation. Also, landscaping and planting Australian grass are also under consideration. At the same time, flowers and greenery will be seen in the parks in every season.
- The KLIA Aeropolis Aerocity in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is said to be a great example of this concept. Similarly, Dubai has built Festival City just a mile away from the airport, which provides accommodation, schools, malls etc. for one lakh people.
- Significantly, Aerocity has been established near the Indira Gandhi International Airport in the capital Delhi. All the facilities from five star hotels, malls, hotels to cafes are available here. Due to its proximity to the International Airport, it is fast developing as a business hub as well. Similarly, the work on the project of Aerocity in Mohali (Punjab) is also going on.