Uttarakhand's Srishti Lakhera Received National Film Award for the film 'EK Tha Gaon'
- 18 Oct 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On October 17, 2023, President Draupadi Murmu honoured Srishti Lakhera, a resident of Semla village in Kirti Nagar block of Tehri district of Uttarakhand, with the National Film Award in the category of Best Non-Feature Film for her film 'Ek Tha Gaon' at the 69th National Film Awards ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- President Draupadi Murmu presented awards to the winners of the year 2021 at the 69th National Film Awards ceremony in various categories in New Delhi. He also honoured Waheeda Rehman with the Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award for the year 2021.
- Srishti Lakhera produced and directed the film 'Ek Tha Gaon'. Earlier, the film made it to the India Gold category of the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI) Film Festival.
- Srishti's father and pediatrician Dr KN Lakhera said that Srishti has been working in the field of film for about 13 years.
- Made in Garhwali and Hindi languages, the film tells the story of Ghost Village. Seeing the pain of migration in Uttarakhand, Srishti made this film.
- Dr KN Lakhera said that earlier there were 40 families living in his village and now only five to seven people are left. People were forced to leave the village at some point or the other. He has presented this confusion in the form of an hour-long film. The film has two main characters - 80-year-old Leela Devi and 19-year-old Kishori Golu.