Uttarakhand Government will Build 50 thousand Poly Houses in Next Two Years
- 30 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On 29 January 2022, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the state in Uttarakhand in the next two years government plans to build 50,000 poly houses.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami was inspecting the vegetables grown in poly houses at his official residence when he informed about the government's plan to build poly houses for farmers.
- The Chief Minister said that the state government will construct these poly houses with the help of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Expressing confidence in the scheme, the Chief Minister said that the farmers of Uttarakhand will get benefits on a large scale with the construction of poly houses.
- Significantly, poly house is a type of greenhouse, where special types of polyethylene sheets are used as covering materials, under which crops can be grown partially or under fully controlled climatic conditions.
- In other words, in the present times, to do agriculture in a modern way, that is, to grow crops, there is a house covered with a special kind of polythene or sheet. Different types of vegetables are produced in every season by adapting the environment of this house to the crops. The external environment does not affect the poly house. Poly house is known by the names Shade net house, green house and net house etc.
- Poly house farming is a modern method of farming, in which we can get high yields with high nutritive values without much use of harmful pesticides and other chemicals.