Switch To Hindi
Uttarakhand's First Heli Ambulance Service Will Start from April
- 02 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
According to information received from media sources on March 1, 2023, the state's first Heli ambulance pilot project is going to start in AIIMS Rishikesh by the last week of April. Prime Minister Narendra Modi can inaugurate the project.
- According to the information, the Union Aviation Ministry has signed a contract with a company to operate the Heli Ambulance. The Central and state governments will jointly operate Heli ambulance service in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- The Central and Uttarakhand government will operate the Heli ambulance service in a partnership of 50-50 percent. The contracted company will provide free Heli ambulances to 45 injured and patients in a month. The Heli ambulance covers 100 km from Uttar Pradesh along with the whole of Uttarakhand. Provide service within the scope of
- The contracted company will provide a single-engine helicopter to AIIMS. The company will also deploy medical resources in it. The AIIMS administration is preparing a Medical Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the operation of Heli ambulances. The first trial run of the Heli ambulance will take place. The service will start after getting the green signal from the AIIMS administration.
- With the introduction of Heli ambulance service, Chardham pilgrims will also get the benefit. Till now, accident and critically ill passengers were airlifted to AIIMS. But now the Heli ambulance will take them to AIIMS.
- Executive Director of AIIMS Rishikesh Prof. Meenu Singh said that the Heli ambulance service will provide timely treatment to the seriously injured and patients of hilly and inaccessible rural areas. The success of the project will also open the way for Heli ambulance service in other states of the country.