Uttarakhand Achieved Covid-19 Vaccination Target Ahead of Time
- 19 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami told reporters at the state secretariat that the state has achieved the target of giving the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine to the eligible population above the age of 18 years ahead of time.
- Addressing the journalists, the Chief Minister said that the State Government would start immunization of children below 18 years of age as soon as necessary approvals were received.
- Dhami said that vaccination started in Uttarakhand on January 16, 2021, under which a total of 77,29,466 people above the age of 18 years were to be vaccinated.
- He said that first the health workers and then the frontline workers, the population above the age of 60, the population between the age of 45 years to 59 years and then the population above the age of 18 years were vaccinated respectively.
- Dhami said that till October 16, 99.6 percent of the state's health workers, 9.2 percent of frontline workers and 96.1 per cent of the population above 18 have been given the first dose of the vaccine.
- First dose vaccination has been given to all eligible people in the state except pregnant women, contrarian beneficiaries (severe illness, taking blood thinners) and those who are not interested in getting vaccinated.