Uttar Pradesh in NITI Aayog Health Index 2021
- 28 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On December 27, 2021, government think tank NITI Aayog released the fourth edition of its health index for 2019-20, ranking states on the basis of overall health performance. In this, Uttar Pradesh ranks last in terms of overall health performance among large states, while Kerala is at the top.
- The report was divided into three parts - large states, small states and union territories. Among the smaller states, Mizoram was the best performing state while Nagaland remained at the bottom.
- According to the NITI Aayog report, Chandigarh tops the Union Territories, followed by Dadra and Nagar Haveli at number two and Delhi at number three.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks last among 19 states in terms of overall health performance among large states with a score of 30.57, however, in terms of incremental performance by registering the highest incremental change from the base year (2018-19) to the reference year (2019-20) In Uttar Pradesh topped.
- In terms of overall health performance among large states, Kerala ranks first with a score of 82.20, followed by Tamil Nadu with a score of 72.42 and Telangana at the third position with a score of 69.96.
- NITI Aayog's Health Index is a weighted composite score consisting of 24 indicators covering key aspects of health performance.