Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved Water Tariff Rules-2022
- 17 Aug 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On August 16, 2022, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved the Water Tariff Rules-2022. Under this, now water tariff will have to be paid at the rate of Rs 50 per square meter for passing the map for the construction of the building in the schemes of development authorities.
- It is worth mentioning that earlier this water tariff was not charged in Lucknow and Banaras, but now the people there will also have to pay it.
- According to the rules, in cases of layout plans, water tariff will be charged according to the total area of the land. On the construction of a multi-Storey building, it will be charged on the basis of total area covering all the floors and basements.
- Water Tariff will also be payable on additional construction from the existing built-up area. Water tariff rates will be revised on the basis of the Cost Inflation Index of the Income Tax Department from April 1 every year.
- Water Tariff shall not be payable outside the Development Authority, scheme or where it is unable to supply water. The revised map submitted for approval within the validity period, for which water tariff have already been paid, will not be charged.
- In case of extension of validity period, the tariff will be charged at the applicable rate from the date of passing the map, adjusting the fee deposited earlier. Water tariff will be payable at the rate applicable from the date of their passing after adjustment of the fee deposited earlier for the maps submitted after the validity period.
- If the water tariff are up to Rs 10 lakh, a lump sum payment will have to be made. If more than this, the payment of Rs 10 lakh will be taken in lump sum and the remaining in four half-yearly installments with 9% interest. For this, a bank guarantee equivalent to the outstanding amount will also have to be given or the saleable land of the same value will have to be mortgaged in favor of the authority. The bank guarantee or mortgage land will be released on payment of the remaining amount. Penalty interest at the rate of 3.0 percent per annum with 9% per annum interest will be charged on delay in payment of installments.