Uttar Pradesh Budget 2022-23
- 27 May 2022
- 5 min read
Why in News?
On May 26, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Parliamentary Affairs and Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna presented the state's largest ever budget of Rs 6,15,518.97 crore (Uttar Pradesh Budget 2022-23).
- This is the first budget in the second term of the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh, while the state's Parliamentary Affairs and Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna has presented the budget for the fifth time in both the terms together.
- Out of the 130 resolutions of the Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra issued before the 2022 Assembly elections, 97 resolutions have been included in this budget , while 44 resolutions are new. An amount of Rs.54,883 crores has been proposed in the Budget to fulfil these resolutions.
- New schemes worth Rs 39,181.10 crore have been included in the budget.
- The target for collection of revenue from State Goods and Services Tax and Value Added Tax has been fixed at Rs.1,24,477 crore.
- Receipts are estimated at Rs 5,90,951.71 crore in this fiscal budget. This includes revenue receipts of Rs 4,99,212.71 crore and capital receipts of Rs 91,739 crore.
- The total expenditure incurred this financial year is estimated at Rs 6,15,518.97 crore. Rs. 4,56,089.06 crore is the expenditure on revenue accounts, while Rs 91,739 crore is the expenditure on capital accounts.
- According to the government, the deficit is estimated at Rs 24,567.26 crore. The net receipts from public accounts are estimated to be Rs.6000 crores. At the same time, after the entire transaction, Rs 18,567.26 crore is estimated to be negative.
- The revenue savings are estimated at Rs 43,123.65 crore. At the same time, the fiscal deficit is estimated at Rs 81,177.97 crore, which is 3.96 per cent of the Gross State Domestic Product estimated for the year.
- Some of the important points of the Budget announcement-
- Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwalla Yojana, a provision of Rs.3301.74 crore has been made to give 2 free of cost LPG cylinders in a year (on Holi and Deepawali) to the beneficiary family .
- The establishment of Bhama shah Price Stabilization Fund has been announced for crops like potato, onion, tomato.
- In case of accidental death or disability of farmers, there is a provision of a maximum of Rs.5 lakh. In the Budget for the financial year 2022-2023, a provision of Rs.650 crore has been proposed for this scheme.
- Target to set up 15,000 solar pumps in the financial year 2022-23 under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Aur Utthan Mahabhyan Yojana.
- There is a provision of Rs.1000 crore for the Chief Minister's Micro Irrigation Scheme .
- Under swami Vivekananda Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana, there is a provision of Rs.1500 crore for the financial year 2022-23 .
- There is a provision of budget for the formation and development of Women Police Battalions and arrangements have been made for setting up of anti-corruption units in 8 divisions of the state .
- There is a provision of Rs.18,500 crore for PWD roads.
- There is a provision of Rs.500 crore for Kashi Vishwanath Rajghat Bridge.
- There is a provision of Rs.897 crore for Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti Yojana.
- A budget of Rs.2700 crores is proposed for flood control.
- A budget of over Rs.19,500 crore is proposed for the Jal Jeevan Mission at Namami Gange.
- There is a provision of Rs.500 crore for green field and industrial corridors.
- There is a provision of Rs 695.34 crore for Meerut-Prayagraj Ganga Expressway and Rs 511.93 crore for Gorakhpur Link Expressway.