Universal Pension Scheme
- 17 Nov 2021
- 3 min read
Why in News
- On November 16, 2021, after the instructions of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, the 'Universal Pension Scheme' has been implemented in the state.
- This pension scheme operated under the social security scheme has been simplified. In this, the compulsion of APL and BPL cards has been abolished.
- The special feature of this scheme is that now all the old people above 60 years of age will get the benefit of the pension scheme. Provided the applicant is not a taxpayer. Poor, disabled and destitute, including widows, single, abandoned women, will be covered by this scheme. All of them will get one thousand rupees per month directly in the bank account.
- The government has made a provision of Rs 100 crore under the Universal Pension Scheme.
- This pension scheme will be implemented through the Women, Child Development and Social Security Department of the government.
- The different beneficiaries to whom there is a provision to provide benefits under the Universal Pension Scheme are as follows-
- Chief Minister State Old Age Pension Scheme - Under this, the age of the applicant (male or female) should be 60 years or more. Age related documents will be required. Also, the applicant should not be a taxpayer.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Rajya Nisrit Mahila Samman Pension Yojana, a woman above the age of 18 years, whose husband has died, will be eligible for pension. For this the death certificate of the husband will be required.
- Apart from this, abandoned women of 18 years of age or more, single women of 45 years of age or more will also get the benefit of pension. Women falling under both these categories will need a joint certificate of Mukhiya and Panchayat Secretary/Ward Councilor and Revenue Sub-Inspector or a certificate issued by MLA /MP or any gazetted officer.
- Under the Swami Vivekananda Nishakt Swavalamban Protsahan Yojna, a photocopy of the certificate of disability and age certificate (below 18 years of age, birth certificate or signed certificate of the principal of the school or college) will be required.
- There is no age limit under the pension scheme for the help of HIV/AIDS victims. Medical certificate will be required for the applicant to receive ART/ARD.