Unity Mall will open in Jharkhand
- 10 Jun 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 8 June 2023, Unity Mall will open in Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand, where people will be able to buy Deoghar Peda, Kharsawan's Chironji, Bihar's Jardalu mango, Makhana, Litchi and Odisha's Rasgulla under one roof.
- The mall will also have stalls of products with special identities from 24 districts of Jharkhand. At the same time, all the states and union territories of the country will also have stalls of products with GI tags. For this, the state government has demanded four to five acres of land in Ranchi.
- Unity Mall will have space for the promotion and sale of ‘One District One Product’ and other handicraft products. Not only this but the products of other states can also be sold here.
- Significantly, the Ministry of Commerce of the Central Government had sought drafts for opening Unity Malls in all states. A proposal to open Unity Mall in Ranchi has been sent to the Centre by the Industries Department of Jharkhand.
- Unity Mall will be constructed in collaboration with both the central government and the state government. For this, the Center will give Rs 50 crore.
- It is noteworthy that the One District One Product Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Its objective is to give national recognition to one product of every district of all states and provide employment at the local level.
- The industries covered under this scheme have been placed in micro, small and medium categories. The government gives a subsidy of up to 35% on setting up these industries.
- ‘One District One Product’ Marked in Jharkhand-
- District Products - Peda of Deoghar and Dumka, Tomato of East Singhbhum, Custard Apple of West Singhbhum, Jaggery of Hazaribagh, Chilli of Jamtara, Tamarind of Khunti, Lemon of Koderma, Honey of Lohardaga, Mango of Pakur, Guava of Ranchi, Mango of Sahibganj, Chironji of Saraikela, Jackfruit of Bokaro, Tomato of Chatra, Potato of Dhanbad and Garhwa, Tomato of Giridih, Mango of Godanna, Green Chilli of Gumla, Tomato of Palamu, Papaya of Ramgarh, Mango of Simdega etc.