Tobacco Free Youth Campaign launched in the state
- 01 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On the occasion of World No Tobacco Day on 31 May 2023 a state-level function was organized at Rajasthan International Center in Jhalana, Rajasthan.
- In the program, tobacco control units of Jhalawar, Baran, Dungarpur, Alwar, Sikar, Churu, Hanumangarh and Ajmer districts were honoured for excelling in the field of tobacco control in the year 2022-23.
- Posters and brochures related to the theme of tobacco prohibition were also released on the occasion.
- Additional Chief Secretary Shubhra Singh said that this campaign is an important step towards realizing the vision of a healthy Rajasthan.
- He emphasized the active participation of various departments with education, and local rural and educational bodies in the 60-day action plan to be conducted for tobacco control & prevention.
- Apart from this, he underlined the need to conduct innovations like organizing competitions to make urban 7 rural wards, gram panchayats, and educational institutions tobacco-free in the state during this action plan.
- NHM Mission Director Dr. Jitendra Soni said that an action plan will be prepared to make educational institutions tobacco-free within a year and propose tobacco-free with the help of public representatives.