The longest Saryu River Front to be Built in Ayodhya
- 30 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On June 29, 2022, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to build a two-kilometre-long Saryu River Front on the banks of Saryu river in Ramnagari Ayodhya.
- The Uttar Pradesh government is fully engaged in the exercise of changing the new picture of Ayodhya. For this, along with the construction of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi temple, the government is working on many such schemes for the development of Ayodhya, so that the city can be rejuvenated. In this episode, the Saryu River Front of Ayodhya is the biggest project after the beautification of Ram ki Paidi.
- The scheme is estimated to cost more than Rs.300 crores.
- In this, the kutcha ghats, which were the first ones, are being made concrete at a cost of Rs 39 crore.
- This will not only increase the pride of Ayodhya, but will also relieve the people of the problems during the flood. At the same time, tourists will get a new gift.
- There are a total of 14 major Ghats on the banks of Saryu from Naya Ghat to Guptar Ghat. Among them are many famous ghats like Guptar Ghat, Kaikai Ghat, Kaushalya Ghat, Laxman Ghat, Papmochan Ghat, Rinmochan Ghat, Ahilyabai Ghat, Jatayu Ghat, Janaki Ghat and Naya Ghat.
- It is noteworthy that in December 2020, the proposal of the longest ghat to be built at a cost of Rs 232 crore 56 lakh was sent to the government by the Saryu Canal Section of the Irrigation Department.