The Animal Husbandry Department will Run a Special Campaign from February 1 to Make the Management of Gothans Tight
- 19 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 18, 2023, Agriculture Production Commissioner of Chhattisgarh, Dr. Kamalpreet Singh, in a review meeting of Animal Husbandry Department held at Mantralaya Mahanadi Bhavan, directed the departmental officers to purchase cow urine from Gauthans set up in villages and strengthen other facilities including multiutility centers. With this objective, instructions were given to run a special campaign from February 1.
- Agricultural Production Age Kamalpreet Singh said that the officials of the Animal Husbandry Department will visit all the villages and see the arrangements of day-care for animals in the Gouthan's, arrangement of fodder for animals and the operating system of the Gouthan's.
- He said that it should be seen by the field staff that fodder is available in sufficient quantity for the animals coming to the Gouthan's. They should motivate the farmers to donate and ensure that the donated para reaches the cows through the Gauthan Management Committee.
- Dr. Kamalpreet told the officers that increasing the productivity of animals is possible only by improving the breed of indigenous cows, so expected progress should be made in the animal breed improvement work. He said that the state should approve dairy units on the milk route in the cluster under the Dairy Entrepreneurship Development Scheme.
- Dr. Singh asked the veterinary department officials to complete the physical and financial targets of the schemes under the department by February. Implementation of the schemes should be done by creating a cluster and full achievement should be ensured by setting quarterly targets in the future.
- In the meeting, the works of the departmental staff for the prevention of infection of Lumpy Disease in animals and the vaccination work done for the prevention of Galghotu, Ektangia, Khura Paka were also appreciated.