Tharu Tribal Mus
- 12 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On May 11, 2022, a spokesman of the Government of Uttar Pradesh said that the state's first tribal museum 'Tharu Tribal Museum' has been completed in the Tharu populated village of Imilia Kodar in Balrampur district.
- The museum focusing on the vibrant and diverse culture and way of life of the Tharu tribe is spread over 5.5 acres .
- All information about the Tharu tribe will be available in this museum. It will cover a wide variety of details, from their development to their life in contemporary times. Apart from this, the museum will also throw light on their culture, religion, tradition, lifestyle and social life.
- On the lines of the Tribal Museum built in Balrampur, the State Government has also prepared an action plan to establish Tribal Museum in Lucknow, Sonbhadra and Lakhimpur Kheri.
- Apart from this, a museum for children will also be built in Kannauj district.
- The Department of Culture has also proposed the construction of a gallery based on the story of freedom ‘Azadi Ki Gauravgatha’ i.e. Glorification of Independence' in the Government Archives, Lucknow.
- Significantly, Tharu tribe lives in the Terai part of Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the most advanced tribes of Uttar Pradesh. A festival called Bajhar is celebrated by them.
- To provide education to the Tharu tribe, a college has been established by the Uttar Pradesh government at Lakhimpur Kheri.