- 28 Jul 2021
- 1 min read
Why in news
- On July 27, 2021, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel presented the first supplementary budget of the current financial year of the state in the monsoon session of the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly.
- This Supplementary budget is of 2485 crore rupees.
- In this budget, a maximum provision of 500 crore has been made for 'Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme'.
- Similarly a provision of 208 crore rupees for the fight against Covid-19, 200 crore for landless agricultural laborers (under the NYAY scheme) and 105 crore for the interest of the loan has been made in this budget.
- In the supplementary budget, a provision of rupees 4 crore has been made for Chhattisgarh Mahtari Dular Yojna, 1.60 crore rupees for establishment of 50 bedded MCH (Maternal-Child) in Saja and 1.30 crore rupees for establishment of Swami Vivekananda Memorial Institute in Raipur.
- Other provisions in the budget are:
- Sanchar Kranti Yojana - Rs. 100 crore
- National Livelihood Mission - Rs. 121.90 crore
- Majra Tola Electrification Scheme - Rs. 58 crore
- Chief Minister Haat Bazaar Clinic Scheme - Rs. 7 crore