Switch To Hindi
State's Second Millet Cafe Started in Korba
- 24 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On February 23, 2023, Korba District Collector Sanjeev Jha and Mayor Raj Kishore Prasad inaugurated the district's first and state's second millet cafe in front of Smriti Udyan in Niharika, Korba city in the presence of public representatives and citizens.
- On this occasion, Mayor Rajkishore Prasad said that the year 2023 is being celebrated as International Millets Year all over the world. In this episode, the first millets cafe of the district has also started in Korba. In this cafe, people will be able to relish the health-rich dishes of millets.
- Collector Sanjeev Jha said that as per the intention of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the first Millets Cafe has been inaugurated in Korba district. This cafe is the second millet cafe in the state after Raigad district.
- In this millet's cafe, traditional dishes of Chhattisgarh along with kodo, kutki, ragi and other small grain crops like idli, dosa, poha, upma, bhajiya kheer, halwa, cookies, mold will be available to the people.
- Korba's first Millets Cafe has been started with the initiative and cooperation of the district administration. It will be run by Nav Jagriti Mahila Self Help Group. This will promote women self-employment and entrepreneurship. This will also benefit the farmers.
- It is noteworthy that the year 2023 has been declared as the International Year of Millets to promote the production of millets and to create public awareness about the nutrients obtained from them. Kodo, Kutki and Ragi are mainly cultivated under millets. Due to the encouragement being given to its production, the enthusiasm of the farmers has also increased.