State Government reduced VAT at Gaya Airport
- 21 Sep 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- According to information received from the airport office on September 20, 2022, the state government has reduced its share of VAT charge from 29 percent to just four percent, giving a big facility to the aircraft to take fuel at Gaya airport.
- The state government has taken this decision to increase the number of domestic and foreign tourists in Gaya and Bodh Gaya and to increase the movement of more and more passengers through Gaya Airport. This will also benefit Gaya and Bodh Gaya financially. Gaya airport will also benefit from the increase in aircraft movement and will increase the income in the form of landing charges of aircraft.
- With this decision of the state government, the aircraft will be able to get cheaper fuel at Gaya airport and due to this, the movement of other routes will also increase to take fuel here. Passenger movement may also increase mainly with domestic flights reaching Gaya airport.
- Most of the aircraft, which are also moving through other routes, will land at Gaya airport to get cheap fuel and decide the route of Gaya airport. This will benefit passengers coming to Gaya and going out of Gaya. The movement of domestic aircraft will increase and Gaya airport will be connected to many big cities of the country. Even flights flying from Bangkok to Kolkata would prefer the route via Gaya.
- By taking fuel in Gaya, aircraft will save at least 20 thousand rupees on one thousand liters of fuel. Usually, any aircraft takes close to two thousand liters of fuel at the time of fuel refilling. In this way, airlines will save at least 40 thousand rupees in taking fuel once. To take advantage of this, now flights flying from Chennai to Delhi and Delhi to Kolkata will also prefer the route of Gaya Airport.