Startup-20 Gurugram Summit
- 05 Jul 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On July 4, 2023, the Startup-20 Gurugram Summit organized by the Startup 20 Engagement Group under the chairmanship of India G-20 concluded successfully. The 2-day summit was attended by over 600 delegates from 22 countries.
- It is known that Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Som Prakash inaugurated the G-20 Startup-20 Summit in Gurugram on July 3.
- The two-day summit served as a platform for innovations, collaborations, knowledge sharing and fostering strategic alliances within the global startup ecosystem.
- During the closing ceremony, Startup 20 President Dr. Chintan Vaishnav officially handed over the torch to Brazil as Brazil is to chair the G20 next year and has committed to continue the Startup 20 initiative in 2024.
- Underlining the importance of Startup 20, Saudi Arabia, represented by Prince Fahd-bin-Mansour, emerged as the first country to ratify and support Startup 20's appeal to allocate an ambitious amount of $1 trillion per year to the startup ecosystem by 2030.
- It is worth mentioning that earlier also, under the able leadership of Chief Minister Manohar Lal, foreign delegates were given a grand welcome by hosting the anti-corruption working group meeting in Gurugram in the first week of March.