South Asian Women's Film Festival to be held in Patna
- 02 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On 1O February 2023, Bandana Preyashi, Secretary, Art Culture and Youth Department of Bihar informed that for the first time South Asian Women Film Festival will be organized in Patna from February 2 to 9 under the joint auspices of Bihar State Film Development and Finance Corporation and South Asia Trust.
- Secretary Bandana Preyashi said that the film festival will be inaugurated by Minister of Art Culture and Youth Department Jitendra Kumar Rai among the students of Magadh Women's College, and it will conclude at NIFT Patna Campus.
- The seven-day South Asia Women's Film Festival, being organised by the Department of Art, Culture and Youth, will showcase films from South Asia in four educational institutions in Patna. Apart from films, various issues of women empowerment will also be discussed here.
- Bandana Preyashi said that a total of six films will be screened in it. These films by filmmakers from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India focus on the untouched aspects of women's discourse and inspire the discourse towards women in South Asia.
- As part of the festival, films will be screened at Magadh Women's College on February 2, Chanakya National Law University on February 3 and 4, Chandragupta Institute of Management Patna on February 6 and 7 and NIFT Patna on February 8 and 9.
- These films will be screened at the film festival-
- India's films 'Sita Ke Badalte Roop' and 'The City That Spoke to Me'
- Sri Lanka's 'Face Cover'
- Nepal's 'Be Four You Where My Mother' and 'Flames of a Continuous Field of Time'
- Bangladesh's 'Decoding Gender'