Sona-Sobran Dhoti-Saree Scheme
- 24 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, Chief Minister Hemant Soren started the 'Sona-Sobran Dhoti-Sari Scheme' from Dumka.
- Under this scheme, one sari and lungi or dhoti will be distributed twice a year to the beneficiaries from public distribution system shops for Rs.10.
- The benefit of this scheme will be available to the ration card holders covered under the National Food Security Act. The people included in the scheme can also take advantage of the scheme by showing the government-issued identity card, such as Aadhar card, voter ID, driving license, permission letter by the head or ward councillor.
- This scheme was first started in the year 2014, whose implementation was stopped in the year 2015.
- After suspending the implementation of the Jharkhand State Food Security Scheme in 2020, a new scheme 'Sona-Sobran Dhoti-Sari Yojana' was announced in its place.