Son Chiriya Aajeevika Utsav, 2021 Launched
- 23 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 22, 2021, Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh launched the state-level 'Son Chiriya Aajeevika Utsav, 2021' at Mahila Haat-Bazaar in Shivaji Nagar, Bhopal. This Aajeevika Utsav will continue till October 31, 2021.
- Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh said that the products manufactured by self-help groups formed under Deen Dayal Antyodaya National Urban Livelihood Mission will now be known as Son Chiriya brand. The products of self-help groups will get a new identity in the state and country under the name of Son Chiriya brand.
- In this state level festival, products made by women of self-help groups of 24 urban bodies of the state, such as decorative items, zardozi items, organic products, jute products, jewellery, gift items, incense sticks, pickles, big-papad, spices And toys etc. are being displayed and sold.
- The Urban Development and Housing Minister said that Haat-Bazaars would be set up in all the cities to provide space for the sale of products manufactured by Self-Help Groups.
- At present there are 35 thousand self-help groups in the urban bodies of Madhya Pradesh, in which 3 lakh 50 thousand women are involved.