Smart Cities of Madhya Pradesh got 7 out of 16 Awards at Smart City Expo
- 31 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
In the 8th Smart City, India-2023 Expo held in New Delhi from 27 to 29 March 2023, out of a total of 16 categories, smart cities of Madhya Pradesh have received awards in 7 categories.
- State's Urban Administration and Development Commissioner Bharat Yadav said that Smart City Indore and Jabalpur got 2 awards each and Bhopal, Sagar and Ujjain got one award each.
- Smart City Indore has received the award in Best Startup & Best Water Management category, Jabalpur in Governance & Economy (311 Apps) and City Leader (Best Smart City CEO) category.
- Similarly, Smart City Bhopal has received a special award for Smart Parking Category, Sagar for Clean City Category and Ujjain for Ujjain Mahakal Mahalok.
- It is notable that nominations were taken from January to February 2023 in 16 categories for the award.
- Nomination categories include the Governance and Economy Award, Smart Urban Mobility, Best Water Management, Best City Leader, Best Health Care Initiative, Clean City, Digital City, Public-Private Partnership, Safe City, Smart City of the Year, Smart Energy Project, Smart Waste Disposal, Special Category, Best Startup Initiative, Smart Parking Initiative and PPP Initiative Categories