Silver Medal in Asian Thai Boxing
- 06 Dec 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Asian Thai Boxing Competition was organized from 3 to 5 December 2021 at Sarurnagar Indoor Stadium, Hyderabad under the aegis of World Thai Boxing Federation and Asian Thai Boxing Federation, in which 2 players from Chhattisgarh got silver medals.
- The Thai Boxing Indian Federation includes 6 players from Chhattisgarh, out of which Rohit Jagne and Kanika Chandrakar of Durg won the silver medal.
- Anees Memon from Chhattisgarh Thai Boxing said that the team of 12 Asian countries including India were invited in this.
- Here in the age group of 14 to 16, Rohit Jagne was defeated by the Maharashtra player 52-56. That's how he won silver.
- In the women's section, Kanika Chandrakar of Durg also won the silver medal in the final after losing to Maharashtra.