Several Development Works including the Computerization of MPACS inaugurated in Uttarakhand
- 31 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On 30 March 2023, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the computerization of Uttarakhand's Multipurpose Primary Agricultural Credit Cooperative Societies (MPACS), Joint Cooperative Farming, Jan Suvidha Kendras and Janaushadhi Kendras in Haridwar.
- Amit Shah said in his address that for the first time in the country under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the work of computerization of the Primary Agricultural Credit Committee (PACS) started in Uttarakhand on 30 October 2021 and today computerization of all 670 PACS in the state has been completed.
- The work of setting up 95 MPACS in Uttarakhand has already been completed. Along with this, Uttarakhand is the first state to start 95 Jan Aushadhi Kendras and Jan Suvidha Kendras under cooperative societies.
- The Union Home Minister and Cooperative Minister said that the Prime Minister formed a separate Ministry of Cooperatives with the vision of 'Cooperation to Prosperity'. The computerization of all 65,000 active PACS in the country has started through the Ministry. Many facilities including 307 District Cooperative Banks have also been computerised. Today, by completing the computerization of 307 cooperative bank branches and 670 MPACS, the Uttarakhand government has achieved the first position in the country in the cooperative sector.
- He said that computerization would bring complete transparency in the system and online audits would improve the financial discipline of PACS. 95 Jan Suvidha will take more than 300 schemes of the Central Government and State Government directly to the villages. About 50 to 90 percent cheaper medicines will be available to the people through cooperative Jan Aushadhi Kendras.
- Union Home Minister and Cooperative Minister Shah also launched the model of integrated collective cooperative farming in 95 development blocks of Uttarakhand.
- The Cooperative Minister said that the government is making National Cooperative University, National Cooperative Policy and Cooperative Database, and multi-state cooperative societies have been formed for marketing of seeds, organic farming and export of farmers' produce. Along with this, multi-state cooperative societies have been formed for the marketing of seeds, organic farming and export of farmers' produce.
- He said that in the coming days, the Nal Se Jal (Nal Se Pani) scheme would be handed over to PACS as in the model bylaws of the multidimensional PACS sent by the Government of India, the PACS would also be able to provide water to the village.