Senior Justice Pritinkar Diwakar will be the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court
- 10 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On February 9, 2023, according to information received from the media, the Collegium headed by Chief Justice of the Supreme Court D Y Chandrachud has recommended to the Central Government to appoint senior Justice Pritinkar Diwakar as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- New Delhi: The Supreme Court Collegium headed by Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud has recommended to the Central government that Justice Pritinkar Diwakar be appointed to the post vacated by the appointment of Allahabad High Court Chief Justice Rajesh Bindal as a judge of the Supreme Court.
- On October 3, 2018, Justice Diwakar was transferred from The Chhattisgarh High Court and was appointed to the Allahabad High Court. Being the senior-most judge here, he has been recommended to be appointed as the Chief Justice.
- Justice Pritinkar Diwakar was born on 22 November 1961. He is a law graduate from Durgavati University, Jabalpur. He was enrolled as an advocate in 1984.
- He has been Standing Counsel for SAIL, State Bank of India, Chhattisgarh Gramin Bank, Bank of Baroda, IDBI, Madhya Pradesh State Financial Corporation, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Raipur Milk Union, CBSE and many other Municipal Corporations.
- He was designated as Senior Advocate by the High Court of Chhattisgarh in January 2005. He was a member of the Madhya Pradesh State Bar Council for seven years and the State Bar Council of Chhattisgarh for five years.
- He was elevated as a judge of the Chhattisgarh High Court on 31 March 2009. Justice Pritinkar Diwakar will retire from his post on 21 November 2023.