Self-sustainable Model for Gaushalas
- 05 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On January 4, 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath reviewed the presentation regarding the large cow shelter in Lucknow and told that there is a need to build an economy for running cow shelters, for which a self-sustainable model will be created.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that cow shelters should be constructed on PPP mode and at the same time they should be connected with natural farming, cow dung paint, CNG and CBG. This will make cow shelters financially strong and will be able to bear the expenses incurred on the maintenance and rearing of cows themselves.
- It is worth mentioning that a presentation was made before the Chief Minister regarding the construction of shelters with a capacity to hold two to three thousand bovines in the state. The Chief Minister said that MoU’s should be made with interested NGOs for running cow shelters and provide them with necessary arrangements.
- Yogi Adityanath said that the state government is constantly making efforts for animal promotion, conservation with a sense of service. Many schemes are being run by the government to encourage all the cattle farmers including cattle and the eligible people should be ensured to get the benefit.
- He said that destitute cow shelters, participation schemes and one cow scheme for malnourished families run by the state government are very effective in cow protection. These three schemes should be taken forward by running a campaign in the entire state.
- He said that under the participation scheme, farmers rearing destitute cows are being given Rs 900 per month per cow. They should be paid to the farmers after land verification.
- Breed improvement scheme should be expedited to increase milk production and control of destitute cattle. Under this scheme, cattle breeds can be improved by getting artificial insemination done in government veterinary hospitals. This will not only increase milk production but will also create a new breed of cattle.