Schemes worth Rs 400 Crore Inaugurated in Kedarnath
- 06 Nov 2021
- 3 min read
Why in News
- On November 5, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi worshiped and worshiped Baba Kedarnath at Kedarnath Dham. During this, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of schemes worth about Rs 400 crore.
- Prime Minister inaugurated the renovated mausoleum and new statue of Adi Guru Shri Shankaracharya ji with the residence of the pilgrim priests, construction of flood protection and ghats on the banks of river Saraswati, load bearing wall for flood protection on the banks of river Mandakini, Mandakini for Garuda Chatti. Inaugurated the construction works of a bridge over the river.
- Among the schemes that were laid by the Prime Minister, redevelopment of Sangam Ghat and Rain Shelter Shed in Shri Kedarnath Dham, First Aid and Tourist Facilitation Centre, Mandakini Water ATM and Mandakini Plaza, Administrative Office and Hospital Building, Museum at Kedarnath shrine. Complex, Saraswati Civic Amenity Building etc.
- The Prime Minister said that the work on the Chardham road project is progressing rapidly, all the four Dhams are being connected with a safe highway. In future, the process has also started so that devotees can come here to Kedarnath through cable car. There is also a preparation to build a ropeway for the easy darshan of the holy Hemkund Sahib.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that in Kedarpuri, where works worth Rs 225 crore have been completed in the first phase, works worth Rs 184 crore are in progress in the second phase. Along with this, where more than Rs 245 crore has been approved for the master plan of Badrinath Dham, works worth crores of rupees have also been approved for Gangotri and Yamanotri.
- He said that in the last five years, various projects worth more than one lakh crore rupees have been approved by the Central Government for the state, out of which many schemes have been completed and work is going on on others.
- The work on the Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail project and strategically and geographically important Tanakpur-Bageshwar rail project is progressing rapidly. Similarly, work on Char Dham All Weather Road, Bharat Mala Project is also being done at a fast pace.