Satpura National Park Became the Best Wildlife Destination
- 02 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
According to the information given by the Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department on March 1, 2023, Satpura National Park has received India Today's Editor's Choice Award in the Best Wildlife Destination category.
- According to information, the Union Minister of State for Culture and Parliamentary Affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal presented the award at the India Today Tourism Summit and Awards ceremony in New Delhi. Field Director L. Krishnamurthy and Assistant Manager Tourism Board Dr Neelam Rawat received the award on behalf of Madhya Pradesh.
- This award will act as an inspiration to develop more facilities for tourists in Satpura National Park.
- Significantly, the Satpura National Park, also known as the Satpura Tiger Reserve, is in the Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh. Famous as a tiger conservation center, this area is also rich in wildlife and plant diversity.
- Apart from the tiger, various wildlife including leopard, Indian bison, Indian giant squirrel, sambar, chital, deer, nilgai, langur, bear, wild boar are found here.
- The park has more than 300 caves of historical and archaeological importance. 210 km from Bhopal, 240 km from Jabalpur, 250 km from Nagpur. And 85 km from Chhindwara. It is easy to reach the sanctuary by road.
- 52 km from the sanctuary. Pipariya is the nearest railway station and Itarsi is the nearest rail junction. Pachmarhi is also the nearest bus stand and the gateway to the sanctuary.